The Easter Holy Week is here. And while Key West is not what one thinks of as a religious destination, there are several events celebrating the holiday. From brunches and Easter Egg hunts to church services, find out right here how you can celebrate this time of rebirth if you are staying in our island Paradise this weekend!
Thursday, April 18, 2019
- The Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea – 7:00 p.m. Holy Thursday mass of the Lord’s Supper.
Friday, April 19, 2019
- The Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea
– Good Friday Masses:
- 2:30 p.m. Divine Mercy Chaplet
- 3:00 p.m. Passion of the Lord (English/Spanish)
- 6:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross in English
- 7:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross (Via Crusis)
Saturday, April 20, 2019
- The Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea – 8:00PM. Vigil of the Holy Night Mass.
- Lunch with the Easter Bunny at Key West Harbour – 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Menu: Enjoy a family-friendly buffet with mac and cheese, fresh tropical fruit, chicken tenders, fresh fries, lunch wraps, pizza, pasta salad, and mixed green salad. Price: For members, $25 for adults and $15 for kids under 12; for non-members, $30 for adults and $20 for kids under 12. For reservations, call: 305-440-2203.
- Hard Rock Café Breakfast with the Bunny – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Menu: Classics from Hard Rock Café’s American menu. For reservations, call: 305-293-0230.
Sunday, April 21, 2019
- The Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea –
EASTER SUNDAY OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE LORD. Mass times:
- 7:00 am – Sunrise Mass in the Stations of the Cross Garden
- 7:30 am – Mass in the Basilica
- 9:00 am – Mass in the Basilica
- 9:15 am – Mass in the Stations of the Cross Garden
- 10:30 am – Mass in the Basilica
- 10:45 am – Mass in the Stations of the Cross Garden
- 12:00 noon – Mass in the Basilica in Spanish
- 3:00 pm—Adoration Chapel reopens
- Hard Rock Café Breakfast with the Bunny – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.Menu: Classics from Hard Rock Café’s American menu. For reservations, call: 305-293-0230.
- Grand Easter Brunch at Casa Marina – Noon to 3:30 p.m. Menu: Fresh waffle bar, soup and salad bar and decadent pasta station, a carving station featuring honey baked ham and slow roasted prime rib, raw bar with chilled snow crab claws and mango lobster ceviche, and dessert display with rum cake and Georgia peach cobbler. Price: $70 for adults, $20 for children 5-12, free for children under 5. For reservations, call: 305-296-3535.
- Keys Collection Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunset Green Event Lawn (between 24 North and the Gates Hotel). Menu: Classics like eggs and bacon, a summer salad with candied pecans, strawberries and blue cheese, mixed fruit and pastries, with the option of bottomless mimosas and bottomless Bloody Mary’s. Price: Food is $21.95. Additional $10 for bottomless mimosas or $8 for bloody Marys. For reservations call 24 North: 305-320-0940.
- Sunrise Service with Metropolitan Community Church – 7 to 8 a.m. Southernmost Resort on the Beach, 508 South St., Key West. The 35th annual Sunrise Service on the beach brings together people of different faiths and denominations. Led by Rev. Steve Torrance, who said, “Last year, we had over 250 people there, and it’s truly a beautiful community event against the backdrop of the sunrise.” Continental breakfast after the service and traditional Easter worship celebration in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. at 1215 Petronia St. FREE!
- Fury Key West Easter Ultimate Adventure – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Leave all the work to the Easter Bunny and enjoy your holiday on the water. After an hour of snorkeling, head to Fury’s Island Playground for Jet Skiing, parasailing and more. Cool down with complimentary beer and wine as well as unlimited refreshments from the holiday menu. Menu: Veggie and spinach quiche, muffins and croissants, yogurt and granola with fresh berries, fresh orange juice, glazed spiral ham, turkey and Swiss sandwiches, veggie sandwiches, roasted veggies, fried chicken and classic potato salad. Price: $154. For reservations call: 888-9362-3474.
- Grand Cafe Key West Easter Sunday Dinner. Menu: smoked duck breast with goat’s cheese, arugula, chives and warm baguette for $14.00, citrus ham with asparagus and mashed potatoes for $26.99, and chocolate mousse cake with whipped cream, raspberry and mango coulis for $9.99. For reservations, call: 305-292-4740.
- Tavern N Town Easter Sunday Dinner – Menu: sherry braised pork belly with watercress, sweet potato yams and port jus for $14, merken duck breast confit with cartelized onions, fig and faro relish and a Madeira reduction for $13, pan roasted prawns with preserved lemon polenta and black truffle butter for $37, grilled filet mignon and Maine lobster cake with morel and porcini risotto, cabernet demi and mustard butter for $55, homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon ice cream for $12. For reservations, call: 305-296-8100.
- Easter Dinner Cruise & Live Music with Sunset Watersports – 5 p.m. View the famous Key West sunset from the upper deck, and enjoy a menu of tropical culinary delights, like Caribbean roast pork, black beans and rice, deep fried sweet plantains, grilled chicken marinated in pineapple and soy sauce, fried fish with lemon & tartar, shrimp pasta salad, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes and Cuban bread. Margaritas, rum runners, and beer and wine included, premium cash bar available. Price: $49. For reservations, call: 888-362-3474.
To see what there is to do and see in Key West, visit our Key West Web Site.
To check out what is happening on the island during your visit, see our Key West Events Calendar for upcoming special events.