The dates of August 11 – 14, 2016 should have lobster lovers excited. That is because spiny lobster season is now open and in celebration Key West will host the annual Lobsterfest event. This year marks the 20th anniversary of this popular festival celebrating the lobster, benefitting the Key West High School Scholarship Fund.
Not only do the locals love to attend, but Lobsterfest draws about 20,000 visitors each year as well. So, if you have not already booked your hotel rooms, you better do it now!
The highlight of this event would have to be the local chefs creating delicious recipes with the spiny lobster for us to sample and enjoy. But there are many other events happening during this festival as well:
THURSDAY, AUGUST 11th, 2016
- LOBSTER BOIL AT THE SUNSET TIKI BAR & GRILLE @ 617 FRONT ST.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12th, 2016
- REEF & RITAS 3 HOUR CATAMARAN SAIL AND SNORKEL TRIP SPONSORED BY MARGARITA LIFE.
- DUVAL CRAWL JUST $20 FOR THE T-SHIRT, LANYARD & DRINK SPECIALS
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13th, 2016
- STREET FAIR – ART, CRAFTS, MERCHANDISE AND OF COURSE, LOTS OF LOBSTER!
- FREE CONCERT INTERSECTION OF DUVAL ST. AND GREENE ST
SUNDAY, AUGUST 14th, 2016
- LOBSTER BRUNCH – A SUMPTUOUS BRUNCH WILL BE SERVED AT THE KEY WEST MARRIOTT BEACHSIDE
And when you have had enough lobster (is that even possible?) visitors can enjoy so many other fun aspects of the island. We have several beaches, fun fishing charters, snorkeling trips to the gorgeous reef, and plenty of museums about Key West’s rich history.
It is hot outside, so please remember to wear hats, lots of sunscreen, and drink plenty of water while you are walking around Duval Street.
Before deciding where you are going to eat (besides at Lobsterfest), be sure to read my restaurant reviews; check out our restaurant review section of this blog as well as our previous restaurant reviews.
For more information about the fun side of Key West… things to do and see in our island city, go to our Key West Web Site.
Feel free to Email Me if you have any questions about Key West!!
Key West Concierge