There are so many things to do on our island Paradise, and most of them cost money. But there are a few things to keep you entertained that will cost you very little to nothing! Imagine that! For the budget minded person, below are a dozen things to do in Key West for under $25 a person.
- You can bike around the island. I do this myself sometimes on the weekend. It gives a totally different perspective of the island and no doubt you will notice things that you just don’t when you are driving around.
- For those of you that enjoy Bingo, there are a few places to play.
– The 801 Bar on Duval Street holds a game on Sundays at 4:30pm with proceeds going to a local charity; join the drag queens as they call out your numbers!
– The American Legion located on College Road holds games on Wednesdays at 7pm.
- Monday through Thursday at 6:30pm at Indigenous Park you can play Bocce seasonally starting February.
- Paradise Health on Roosevelt Blvd. offers Salsa dace lessons on Friday nights.
- Gardens and Parks for you to explore or relaxare abundant on the island fyou to explore or relax.
– The Botanical Gardens on College Road is open for tours daily at very low rates.
– Nancy Foresters Secret Garden on Elizabeth Street offers both beautiful gardens and bird education.
– The Key West Garden Club which makes its home at West Martello Tower on Atlantic Blvd offers tours of this oceanfront venue.
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park on Southard Street is a great place for relaxing at the beach, walkers, bikers, and tours of the fort. Tickets are less than $5 per person.
- The YMCA Skate Park on Flagler St, behind the Firehouse has skate sessions for kids for about $3. Park is open everyday but Friday from 2:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Swimming at the Florida Keys Community College is about $5 per person. Check with College for hours.
- Yoga classes are held at a few different places on the island:
– The beach at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park Monday through Saturday at 8:15am November through May.
– Saturday at 10am at the Pier House Bach.
– Saturday at the Key West Golf Club.
– Unity Church offers classes Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm.
- Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square takes place every night. Lots of entertainment with local artists peddling their wares.
- Petting Zoo at the Sheriff Station on College Road is open the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month from 1pm to 3pm.
- Key West Cemetery at Francis and Olivia Streets offers a self-guided tour of the burial grounds.
To see what is happening on the island during your visit, check out our Key West Events Calendar to see other upcoming special events. For more information about the fun side of Key West… things to do and see in our island city, go to our Key West Web Site.
And before deciding where you are going to eat while visiting Key West, be sure to read my restaurant reviews; check out our restaurant review section of this blog as well as our restaurant reviews. Learn from my mistakes, lol.
Feel free to Email Me if you have any questions about Key West!!
Key West Concierge