Last July was Key West’s first annual Key Lime Festival, and the city is doing it again this July to coincide with the 4th of July holiday and includes several events celebrating the Key Lime. Last year I went to see the world’s largest Key Lime Pie and I even entered the Key Lime Pie Competition, only to lose to a cheesecake! My friends were up in arms about that one and I thought that they might even start a Key Lime pie fight at the Hemingway House.
- Key Lime Cocktail Sip & Stroll – July 3rd from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- You are the judge as 20 local bars compete for the coveted Key Lime Cup in the Key Lime Martini & Margarita Championships. $20 gets you 4 bars and 20 tastings.
- Worlds Largest Key Lime Pie! – July 4th from 11:00am – 2:00pm – Key West Key Lime Pie Co. | Greene Street
- Do you like pie? Do you like really big pies? Do you want to sample the delights of the largest Key Lime Pie in the history of mankind? Head to Greene Street for the World’s Largest Key Lime Pie! See the pie! Taste the pie! Take photos with the pie and amaze your social media friends! Slices are just $2 and benefit The Key West Firehouse Museum.
- Key Lime Pie Eatin’ Contest – July 4th from 11:30am – Key West Key Lime Pie Co. | Greene Street
- Take a front row seat to see who will be named the Mile High Key Lime Pie Eatin’ Champion as 10 brave contestants tie their hands behind their backs and dive face first into a mountain of Key Lime goodness at this world famous event.
- Key Lime Pie Championships – July 5th from 11:00am-1:00pm – Smokin’ Tuna Saloon | 4 Charles Street
- There are no losers when it comes to Key Limes, and winners will abound at The Key Lime Pie Championships. Come and sample the best of the best Key Lime concoctions as restaurants, home bakers and professional chefs square off in the Key Lime Cup’s Key Lime Pie Championships. $10 gets you as many as 5 slices and a People’s Choice vote.
- Miss Key Lime Pie USA 2014 – July 5th from 8-10:30pm – Green Parrot Bar | 601 Whitehead Street
- Ten finalists will compete for this prestigious title.
To see what else is happening on the island during your visit, check out our Key West Events Calendar to see other upcoming special events. For more information about the fun side of Key West… things to do and see in our island city, go to our Key West Web Site.
Feel free to Email Me if you have any questions about Key West!!