Key West is known as a party town, and what better time to party than New Year’s Eve!? Below is a list of all of the events for the evening. Ring in the New Year with us in Key West! And you can always just enjoy a fabulous meal out at one of the many restaurants that dot the island to celebrate the New Year before heading back to your hotel room and snuggling up in bed to watch the ball drop on television if you prefer to avoid the celebratory crowds!
Entertainment / Celebrations
New Year’s Eve: Pirate Wench Drop at Schooner Wharf – For piratical partiers, a New Year’s Eve salute to Key West’s rowdy seafaring roots is scheduled at the island’s Historic Seaport. At midnight, a winsome pirate wench is to descend from the top of the mast of the tall ship America 2.0 as cannon blasts welcome 2014. A dove release is to follow. Scallywags in attendance can expect live music, dancing and festivities until 4 a.m., without a cover charge, at the Schooner Wharf Bar, 202 William St.
New Year’s Eve: Conch Shell Drop at Sloppy Joe’s – The arrival of 2014 is to be heralded on the island’s Duval Street with the “drop” of a gigantic manmade conch shell, the symbol of the Florida Keys, to the flat roof of Sloppy Joe’s Bar, 201 Duval. Thousands of spectators gather on Duval for the annual gala, emceed by a rooftop host starting at 10 p.m. and featuring dancing in the street and a countdown to midnight recorded on a huge clock. At midnight, the shell descends and cheers erupt. Stellar Mojo Band is to perform on Sloppy Joe’s indoor stage, rounding out the revelry. No reservations or tickets are taken, but a door charge is required to party inside the bar.
New Year’s Eve Shoe Drop Celebration – The Southernmost City celebrates with a descending 6-foot red high heel shoe carrying drag queen Sushi at the Bourbon Street Pub/New Orleans House complex, 724 Duval St. Seconds before midnight, the high heel bearing a lavishly gowned and coiffed Sushi is to be lowered from the second-story balcony of the complex toward the cheering crowds below. As midnight strikes and the New Year officially begins, she will land and gleefully pop the cork on a ceremonial bottle of champagne.
New Year’s Eve: A Key Lime Wedge “Drop” – At the Ocean Key Resort & Spa, 0 Duval St. on Key West Harbor, plans call for a huge replica of a Key lime wedge to splash down into a larger-than-life margarita glass as crowds welcome the new year on the property’s Sunset Pier. VIP tickets are available that include entrance into a private dining area for an abundant buffet dinner and four-hour open bar. At 10:30 p.m., the public will be welcomed to enjoy a free performance by Key West’s Big Bawdy Burlesque Show. Contact: 305-295-7005.
Join theCHIVE crew at The Porch – from 9pm to 2am to ring in the New Year! Located at 429 Caroline Street, tickets are $15 per person and you must be at least 21 years old to enjoy!
Smokin’ Tuna – Got NYE plans? The ball may drop in New York City, but in Key West the Tuna drops! A $10 cover includes a complementary drink. Spread the word! http://smokintunasaloon.com/newyears.php
Rick’s New Year’s Eve Party – $200 for a VIP ticket gets you premium open bar and a bottle of champagne. Party from 10pm to 1am. For reservations call 305-296-4890.
- Key West Harbour Yacht Club – Party to music from Mile Marker entertainment from 7pm until midnight while you enjoy an amazing buffet and a complimentary champagne toast. All for $75 per person. Reservations are required, so call 305-292-3121.
- Abbondanza Italian Restaurant, 1208 Simonton Street, is offering a special holiday meal Italian style for $35 per person with children specials available. Enjoy an appetizer, salad, entree, and a dessert. This is an amazing holiday deal! Call 305-292-1199 for reservations.
- Bagatelle has a special three course menu for New Year’s Eve that looks amazing! $90 per person. Call (305) 296-6609 for reservations.
- Commodore Steak House at the A&B Marina is offering a special three course meal for $75 plus tax per person with child specials available as well. Call 305-294-9191 for reservations.
- Duffy’s Steak and Lobster House at 1007 Simonton Street has a special menu with prices starting at $35 per person and specials for children as well. Call 305-296-4900 for reservations.
- Grand Cafe – offers two seatings with a special fixed price menu. The times for the early seating are 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 6:30 and 7:00. The price for that is $90.00 per person plus tax (7.5%) plus gratuity (20%), and the guests have 2 hours in which to dine. The price for that is $110.00 per person plus tax plus gratuity, and there is no time limit in which to dine. Call 305-292-4740 for details and reservations.
- Hot Tin Roof located at the Ocean Key Resort & Spa, 0 Duval St. is offering a special meal in celebration. For reservations or more information please call 305-296-7701.
- Michael’s has a special New Year’s Eve menu that they will be presenting. Starters includes: fried oysters, foie gras, duck wrap, scallops, spinach salad, wedge salad, and lobster bisque. Entrees include: Chateaubriand, NY Strip, Snapper Oscar, Meatloaf, Seafood Penne, Stuffed port tenderloin and chicken caprese. Desserts available as well, but to tell you the truth I never have room for dessert when I eat at Michael’s. For reservations call 305-295-1300.
- Nine One Five – offering a special dinner for New Year’s Eve priced at $100 per person. Call for details and reservations: 305-296-0669.
- Pisces by Cafe de Artis located at 1007 Simonton Street is offering a special 3 course meal for $75 per person. Call 305-294-7100 for reservations.
- Rooftop Cafe offers their full dinner menu along with holiday specials. In addition to the regular menu, special multi-course menus are often available. Reservations on all major holidays are recommended. Please contact the restaurant in advance for specific details or questions.
- SHOR at the Hyatt Resort will have a special New Year’s Even menu available from 5pm – 10pm. For reservations please call 305-809-4000.
- Tavern N Town at the Marriott Beachside is throwing a dinner party to ring in the New Year! Their 4-course dinner is $85 per person and includes a champagne toast and party favors. from 5 pm – 9 pm Bobby Nesbit will be playing the piano and from 9 pm – Midnight Carmen Rodriguez and Michael Thomas will be providing musical entertainment. Call 305-296-8100 for reservations.
Have a safe evening!! DON’T DRINK & DRIVE!!! With that in mind… The City of Key West Department of Transportation is offering transportation for the holiday so that you won’t drink and drive!
Two city buses will travel along Northside Drive, Flagler Avenue, Maloney Avenue, North Roosevelt Boulevard, and South Roosevelt Boulevard and Four Lower Keys buses with service between Marathon and Key West will be traveling southbound to Fausto’s Food Palace and returning as far as MM 52.5 across from Walgreen’s on 109th Street in Marathon. Designated pick up and drop off points in Old Town Key West is Fausto’s Food Palace at Bahama and Fleming Streets.
The New Year’s Eve shuttle begins service at 4:00PM in the Lower Keys and 6:00 pm in Key West and Stock Island. The Last trip from Key West at Fausto’s to Marathon will depart no later than 2:00AM. One way safe ride shuttle fares are $10 per person per trip for Lower Keys revelers and $5 per person per trip for city revelers. Exact change is required and no passes or discounts will be available for this shuttle. No alcohol, toys or weapons are allowed. For more information you can visit www.kwtransit.com or call 305-600-1455 or 305-809-3910.
Before making your reservations for dinner reservations check out our restaurant reviews!
Key West Concierge