This Sunday we celebrate Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year! Yes, you can do what is typically expected and buy roses for your beloved. But in addition to that, let me share some other ideas on how to celebrate your love while in Key West.
- Spend the day on the stunning waters of Key West with Dream Catcher Charters. They offer custom private charters where you can fish, snorkel, sight see, or beach comb. You can even incorporate the sunset on an afternoon trip! And if there is something more romantic that you have in mind, throw the idea at them and they may be able to arrange it! Call 1-888-362-3474 for reservations.
- Spend part of the day strolling hand in hand in one of the many parks or gardens that dot the island. Or the beach can be a romantic place as well! I love Fort Zachary Taylor State Park.
- Pamper yourself and your amore at one of the many spas on the island with a couples massage.
- Enjoy feeding each other some delicious hand crafted chocolates from Kilwin’s located at 505 Duval Street along with a glass of champagne in the comfort of your own hotel room!
Enjoy a quirky “Magical Valentine’s Day” at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Key West. Enjoy free mind-blowing performances from master mentalist, illusionist and hypnotist Scott Xavier, who appeared on NBC’s America’s Got Talent. Xavier is to be performing FREE shows at the top of each hour from noon until 4 pm. Guests in attendance will receive coupons for discount admission to Ripley’s Key West Odditorium, located at 108 Duval Street.
- Take in a romance movie at the Tropic Cinema where you can also enjoy a glass of wine and some gourmet snacks.
- Enjoy an evening concert with the Grammy nominated Eroica Trio. Show starts at 4pm at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. You can get tickets at www.keystix.com.
- Experience the 33rd Annual Wesley House Valentine’s Day Gala. This signature fundraiser features some of Key West’s most talented performing artists, the island’s largest silent auction, open bar, dancing, and an elegant and abundant dinner buffet. The Theme this year is New Orleans Masquerade. Come with your best mask ready for some delicious food. Located at Curry Mansion Inn, 511 Caroline Street 6:30-9:30 p.m. VIP tickets also available. Purchase tickets online. Contact: 305-809-5000.
- A romantic dinner out at one of Key West’s fine restaurants is always a good call. Everyplace will be open, and some restaurants even offer a special menu celebrating Valentine’s Day. Here are a few options…
- Camille’s has a special menu just for Valentine’s Day, and the items are sure to act as aphrodisiacs for you and your partner. Call 305-296-4811 for reservations.
- Tavern N Town at the Marriott Bachside on Roosevelt Blvd is offering up a special Valentine’s Day menu along with their regular menu. Call 305-296-8100 for dinner reservations.
- Martin’s is offering a special Valentine’s Day 4-course menu for $96 per couple. This includes an appetizer and a dessert to share. How romantic! Call 305-295-0111 for reservations.
- Azur has you covered. For reservations call 305-292-2987.
- Cafe Marquesa will have a pros fixe menu only which will include a starter, entree and dessert with a glass of champagne for $89 per person plus tax and gratuity. Call 305-292-1244 for reservations.
- Hard Rock Cafe will be giving away a bottles of champagne for each couple that orders a shared appetizer, two entrees, and a shared dessert. (Promo must be mentioned). Call 305-293-0230 for reservations.
- Keyviche will have their normal menu along with specials just for Valentine’s Day! Call 305-432-9440 for reservations.
- One Duval at the Pier House Resort will be serving their normal menu with specials for the Valentine’s Day holiday. 305-296-4600.
- SHOR Seafood at the Hyatt Resort has their chefs whipping up something fabulous just fro Valentine’s Day! 305-809-4000.
- Better Than Sex is a dessert restaurant on the corner of Truman Avenue and Simonton Street. With menu items like pop your cherry cheesecake this is not for the prudish diner. The desserts are decadent and the atmosphere is very romantic. You must make reservations if you are going to experience this spot; call 305-296-8102.
- And you can up the ante with a romantic sunset sail!
- Danger Charters is hosting their annual Sweetheart Sail from 5 – 7pm for $160 per couple. This includes wine, hors d’oeuvres, and chocolates. Call us at 1-888-362-3474 for reserve!
- Classic Harbor Line is offering there yearly Champagne & Aphrodisiac Valentine’s Day Sail from 4:30 – 7pm. For $125 per person enjoy beer, wine and champagne paired with oysters, brie and honey, avocado wrapped salmon, steak tartare, bacon wrapped figs, and chocolate covered strawberries. Call us at 1-888-362-3474 for reserve!
No matter what you decide to do, make sure that you make advanced reservations! If you don’t you will be sitting alone in your hotel room wishing you had planned ahead.