If you find yourself in Key West to ring in the New Year, you have so many options. You can just relax in your hotel room and ring in the 2019 with Ryan Seacrest on the television. But, the island is a known party town, so there are no shortage of celebrations to partake in. And we also have great restaurants, many of which are offering special seatings and menus for the night of the 31st. Just make sure to make reservations!! Here are some ideas for you…
Day Time Events
- 14th Annual Key West Dachshund Walk – Key West becomes a “wiener wonderland” when approximately 200 dachshunds take their owners on a noontime New Year’s Eve stroll through the island’s downtown. Spectators can watch the fun and meet the canine participants on Fleming Street between Whitehead and Duval Streets.
- 6th Annual Chihuahua Conch Republic Flash Mob – We the Chihuahuas of Key West call upon our breed to stand up for equal representation as part of the Key West One Canine Family. On December 31, 2018 at the 14th Annual Dachshund Walk, we unite to proclaim our rightful representation in Key West as the Chihuahua Conch Republic Call to arms is at 11:45am at the Courthouse Steps – 500 Whitehead Street. Look for the Chihuahua Conch Republic Banner and please bring a bag of cat/dog food for donation.
Evening Events and Dinner Options
- Abbondanza – 1208 Simonton St. 305-292-1199.
- Special menu, $45 per person plus tax and gratuity includes choice of an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert.
- Azur – 425 Grinnell St. 305-292-2987.
- Enjoy a special menu for $90 per person plus tax and gratuity. This includes an amuse, first course, entree, and dessert.
- Bourbon Street Pub – 724 Duval St. 305-293-9800 or 888-293-9893.
- Come celebrate and ring in the new year with our World Famous NYE Shoe Drop starring the Queen of High Heel Shoe Sushi! Special Performances by International Dance Recording Artist Debby Holiday! Free show on our Duval Street stage starting at 9pm featuring local and international talent! VIP GRAND BALCONY TICKETS $200. ONLY 150 TICKETS AVAILABLE! GUARANTEED TO SELLOUT! Full Catered Premium Buffet; Includes Top Shelf OPEN BAR. Bag of Beads • Private Restrooms. TICKETS ON SALE DECEMBER 1, 2018 AT THE NEW ORLEANS HOUSE. Balcony railing space is limited; First come First serve. No Reserved Spaces. Rain or Shine • No Refunds.
- Cafe Marquesa – 600 Fleming St. 305-292-1244.
- Offering an unforgettable 5-course prix fixe menu for $160 per person. The regular menu will not be available.
- Club A – 218 Duval St., Upstairs.
- Come join us as we bring in the New Year With a bang. Champagne Toast @ MidNight, Dj Zisco Top 40 Latin Hip Hop House Mc Otto Special Live Performance @ 2am.
- The Commodore Waterfront Restaurant – 700 Front St. 305-294-9191.
- Special menu for $79 per person plus tax and gratuity includes choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert.
- Conch Republic Seafood Company – 631 Greene St. 305-294-4403.
- Enjoy a free champagne toast at midnight along with some fabulous chef specials or the regular menu.
- Duffy’s – 1007 Simonton St. 305-296-4900.
- A special menu for $39 per person plus tax and gratuity included choice of appetizer, salad, and entree. Dessert is extra.
- First Flight Key West – 301 Whitehead St. 305-293-8484.
- Let’s Party Like Gatsby!!! Join the First Flight Crew for a night of drinking and dancing for New Years Eve 2018…Bottomless champagne will be flowing all night, live music and DJ performances to get you in the roaring 20’s GATSBY MOOD, passed hors d’ oeuvres and chef manned action stations to keep you satisfied. The party starts at 8PM-1AM as we celebrate the NEW YEAR Key West Style. Tickets are $99.00 (includes tax & gratuity). DRESS TO IMPRESS IN YOUR BEST GATSBY ERA OUTFITS! Get tickets now https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-gatsby-nye-2018-tickets-53312831113
- The Grand – 314 Duval St. 305-292-4740
- Offering two seatings for a special 4-course dinner. The first seating is $95 per person plus tax and gratuity. The second seating is $110 per person plus tax and gratuity and will likely include ringing in the new year!
- Grand Vin – 1107 Duval St. 305-296-1020.
- Bring in the New Year with us! Serving chilled champagne and good vibes all night. Let’s start 2019 the right way, at the Vin!
- Key West Harbour – 6000 Peninsular Ave. 305-292-3121 x 3.
- Offering a special menu from 5 – 9pm. $85 per person includes as complimentary champagne toast, dinner, live music, tax and gratuity. Reservations Required.
- Mangoes – 700 Duval St. 305-
- Celebrate the New Year with Dave Bootle LIVE on our Main Floor Patio. Dine in, have a drink, sing, dance, laugh with us! Ring in the New Year with a fabulous time at Mangoes. Free admission. Dinner Specials. Champagne toast at midnight! (21+ only) 10pm – 1am.
- Martin’s – 917 Duval St. 305-295-0111.
- Special 4-course menu for $145 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Matt’s Stock Island Kitchen & Bar at the Perry Hotel – 7001 Shrimp Rd. 305-294-3939.
- This New Year’s Eve, we’re celebrating with a special $65 prix-fixe dinner at Matt’s Stock Island Kitchen & Bar, followed by a champagne toast and party favors for guests staying at The Perry once midnight hits.
- Ocean’s Edge Resort and Marina – 5950 Peninsular Ave. 877-935-0862.
- Enjoy a special menu from 5-10pm for $72 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Oldest House & Garden – 322 Duval St. 305-294-9501
- New Year’s Eve Bash – Bring in the New Year on Duval Street in Key West! Join us in our secluded garden for a full course dinner, open bar and access to our front porch on Duval. This is an exclusive event with limited availability. For more information and tickets go to: www.oirf.org/new-years-eve-bash
- One Duval Street at the Pier House Resort and Caribbean Spa – 1 Duval St. 305-296-4600.
- Specials include lobster bisque, beef tenderloin carpaccio, roasted prime rib, and blue crab stuffed boaster tails.
- Schooner Wharf Bar – 202 William St. 305-292-3302.
- Ring in the New Year with the Pirate Wench Drop! This is a New Year’s Eve salute to Key West’s rowdy seafaring roots. At midnight, a winsome pirate wench is to descend from the top of the mast of the tall ship America 2.0 as cannon blasts welcome 2018. Scallywags in attendance can expect live music all day, dancing and festivities.
- Sloppy Joe’s Bar – 201 Duval St. 305-294-5717.
- Watch the annual topping of the conch shell and ring in the new year!! The arrival of 2019 is to be heralded on the island’s Duval Street with the “drop” of a gigantic manmade conch shell, the symbol of the Florida Keys, to the flat roof of Sloppy Joe’s Bar. Thousands of spectators gather on Duval for the annual gala, emceed by a rooftop host starting at 10 p.m. and featuring dancing in the street and a countdown to midnight recorded on a huge clock.
- Smokin’ Tuna Saloon – 4 Charles St. 305-517-6350.
- Ring in the New Year at Smokin’ Tuna Saloon. A $10 cover includes champagne and party favors at midnight, live entertainment and the Tuna drops at midnight.
- Sunset Pier at the Ocean Key Resort – 0 Duval St. 305-296-7701.
- Party from 10pm until 1pm and watch as the Key Line Wedge drops!
- Tavern N Town at the Marriott Beachside Resort – 3841 N Roosevelt Blvd. 305-296-8100.
- Special a la carte menu.
- The Tipsy Rooster – 1325 Simonton St. 305-295-5287.
- The Tipsy Rooster invites you to crow in the New Year with a Champagne toast and a piñata filled with mini bottles to be dropped at midnight! We hope you’ll stop in and ring in 2019 with us! STAY TIPSY!
- Viv Wine Bistro – 300 Petronia St. 305-517-6799.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Viv Wine Bistro in style. Enjoy 30% off Champagne Bottles when you purchase with either oysters or caviar. We will have our full wine bar menu, meats and cheeses and are adding French Onion Soup to the menu. We look forward to ringing in the new year with you! Invite your friends!
DON’T DRINK & DRIVE!!! The City of Key West Department of Transportation is offering transportation for the holiday so that you won’t drink and drive! Check out the island’s Key West Safe Ride details!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Before making your reservations for dinner reservations check out our restaurant reviews!