2020 has been a tough year for just about everyone, and people are really looking forward to putting it behind them and ringing in the New Year! Key West normally has a plethora of exciting activities such as the Drag Queen, Sushi, dropping from a giant high heel shoe, the conch shell drop at Sloppy Joe’s, the pirate wench drop at the Schooner Wharf Bar, and the Key Lime dropping from 0 Duval at Ocean Key Resort. This year, those events have all been cancelled and the city has set a 10pm curfew. But that does not mean that New Year’s Even is dead in Key West.
Most places are still celebrating the New Year, albeit a bit early. And if you are staying just across the bridge in Stock Island, there is no curfew! So, here are some ideas on how to ring in the New Year is you find yourself enjoying the mild weather here in beautiful Key West!
Key West New Year’s Eve Events
New Year’s Eve Private Charters
– Many options including deep sea fishing, backcountry fishing, snorkeling and sightseeing. Call Island Genn at 305-292-7212 to discuss options and to reserve your seats.
New Year’s Eve Sunset Sails
– There are several options abroad the many sailing vessels that are docked in Key West. Some include just drinks and others food as well. Some with live music. These generally depart around 4:30pm and are back to the dock around 6:30pm. Call Island Genn at 305-292-7212 to discuss options and to reserve your seats.
Casa Marina Resort in Key West – 1500 Reynolds St.
– New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dinner with fireworks and champagne will be held in the Flagler Ballroom from 6pm until 10pm. Cocktail reception and dinner from 6pm until 9pm. Fireworks and champagne lounge from 9pm until 10pm. Fireworks start at 9:45pm. Cost is $350 per person. Reservations are required for this exclusive seating event; contact Jennifer Robino at 305-296-3535.
– New Year’s Dinner at Sun-Sun from 5pm until 9pm. Enjoy a Prix fixe menu with choice of soup, salad, entree and dessert for $50 – $90 per person. Stay afterwards to view the fireworks which start at 9:45pm! Reservations required; contact 305-304-3818.
– Fireworks Viewing Celebration with live music by Happy Dog at the Sun-Sun Concert Pier from 7pm until 10pm. Gates open at 6:30pm. Fireworks start at 9:45pm. $5 taco station available. General admission includes a party hat and welcome drink. $30 per person.
Reach Resort Four Marlins – 1435 Simonton St.
From 5pm – 9pm there will be a chef attended stationed buffet dinner with a DJ on the Palm Lawn from 6pm – 9pm. Cost is $150 per person and includes food, premium liquor, wine and beer OR $225 per person including bubble lounger access. Reserve on Opentable.
New Year’s Eve Bubble Lounge at the Reach Resort – 1435 Simonton St.
Caribe Terrace from 8pm until 10pm. Fireworks at 9:45pm and performance by the Spectrelles. $125 per person includes bottomless select sparkling wines by the glass, sparkling cocktails and passed small bites. Bottle purchase available. Reservations are limited. Call 305-293-6250.
Southernmost Silent Disco Soiree – 1319 Duval St.
Join us at the Southernmost Beach Resort’s private beach and Sand Bar from 6pm – 10pm for a silent disco soiree to say goodbye to 2020 and ring in the new year! Ticket price includes open bar, sushi bar and silent disco entertainment . One head set per ticket purchased. With your ticket purchase you will be entered to win a complimentary two night stay at Southernmost Beach Resort! Event check in will be located at the Sand Bar at Southernmost Beach Resort. Cost is $68 per person. Must present tickets upon entry. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Antonia’s – 615 Duval St.
Please be aware that on NYE night, we are featuring a special menu. The Regular menu will not be available on this night. We will be offering a Prix Fixe menu that includes four courses. 1st soup or salad, 2nd appetizer, 3rd entree, 4th dessert the cost is $125.00 plus tax and gratuity per person.
Cafe Sole – 1029 Southard St.
Your last meal of 2020 should be the best! Enjoy diver scallops with a white truffle sauce, lobster Thermidor, rib eye with black truffle shavings and foie gras, and Osso Bucco. Limited regular menu also available. Call 305-294-0230 for reservations; indoor and outdoor seating available.
Hard Rock Cafe – 313 Duval St.
Make plans to be on Duval Street for New Year’s Eve and ring in the New Year with us at Hard Rock Cafe!
Red Shoe Island Bistro – 411 Petronia St.
Ring in the New Year, just steps from Duval Street. Make reservations early and enjoy your pre-festivity dinner.
SHOR American Seafood at the Hyatt Centric – 601 Front St.
Ring in the New Year at Shor with a 4-Course Holiday menu for $95 per person. Discounts and specials and are not honored on holidays or special events. The regular dinner menu will not be offered. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Sloppy Joe’s – 201 Duval St.
For the first time in 28 years Sloppy Joe’s will not drop the Conch Shell to ring in the New Year. Sloppy Joe’s will still be operating at a limited capacity from 9am until 9pm. Covid-19 procedures will remain in place. On Stage: 1:30pm-4:00pm Tim Hollohan and 4:30pm-8:30pm Pete Jarvis & Larry Stickland. No dance floor. No door charge.
One Duval at the Pier House Resort & Caribbean Spa – 1 Duval St.
Along with the regular menu, a special menu will be amiable for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Specials include: Lobster Bisque $10, Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio $16, Prime Rib $38, and Grouper Oscar $40. Reservations recommended. Call 305-295-3255.
Martin’s – 917 Duval St.
Our NYE Dinner is a 4 courses at $145 pp plus tax and gratuity. 1st: amuse-bouche, 2nd: appetizer, 3rd: entree, 4th: dessert. Please note that due to local restrictions, all patrons must be out of the building by 10 PM.
Azur – 425 Grinnell St.
AZUR welcomes you and your loved ones to bring in the New Year with us! Offering a special dedicated menu. Cancellation policy does apply due to high demand.
Stock Island New Year’s Eve Events
Ocean’s Edge Resort & Marina – 5950 Peninsular Ave.
Our socially distanced New Year’s Eve will be the toast of the town — but it’s ONLY for guests. Your room reservation is your ticket to the celebration, so book now! It may be a year to forget, but this will be an evening to remember…
– Dive-In Movie from 7-9 PM
– Dinner at Yellowfin Bar & Kitchen (reservations required)
– Cocktail service at our six perfectly-heated pools all evening long
– Live music from Key West’s Cayo Ritmo from 9 PM to Midnight
– A nautical ball drop and countdown from the Marina