Lobster season opens on August 6th, and Key West will once again celebrate with the four day event, Lobsterfest. Thousands of lobster loving tourists come to Key West to eat and play during this time, August 12-15, 2021.
Schedule of Events
8/12/21 – Lobster Boil – Join the Waterfront Brewery from 5:00pm to 9:00pm for our annual seafood lobster boil. Enjoy a beautiful Key West sunset full bar, music and delicious food.
8/13/21 – Lobsterfest Pool Party – Join Havana Cabana Resort from 1:00pm to 4:00pm for swimming, DJ, lobster and drink specials, and more!
8/13/21 – Lobsterfest Duval Pub Crawl – From 8:00pm until midnight. The cost is just $20 in advance or $25 at the door and a portion of the proceeds benefit the Key West High School’s Scholarship Fund. Pick up your T-Shirt, lanyard and instructions from the Rick’s Ship to Shore Store located at 202 Duval Street on August 12th & 13th from noon to 7:30pm.
8/14/21 – Street Fair & Concert – Visit the 100 – 500 blocks of Duval Street from noon to 11:00pm to check out Arts & Craft vendors as well as local restaurants serving fresh lobster and cold drinks while enjoying live music. Due to tropical storm Fred, this event has been cancelled, but each venue is still serving up their signature lobster dishes inside their respective restaurants. Here is the list: Bagatelle, Sandbar Sports Grill, Smokin’ Tuna, Stinkin’ Crawfish, Lucy’s Retired Surfers, Fogarty’s, Grand Cafe, Margaritaville, Willie T’s, and Pinchers.
8/15/21 – Lobster Brunch – Join First Flight Island Restaurant and Brewery from 10:00am to 2:00pm for some amazing food for the final event of Lobsterfest! Seating is limited so book your reservations now!
Had enough of the party and want to do something different? Here are some other ideas!
- Fishing Charter – Fish Key West’s inshore or offshore waters with Dream Catcher Charters.
- Lobstering Charter – Catch your own lobster and bring it to a local restaurant to prepare!
- Snorkeling & Sandbar Charter – Enjoy a relaxing day on the crystalline waters of Key West.
- Kayaking & Paddle Boarding – Get your exercise on while admiring the gorgeous Key West waters.
- Have an adventure with one of the watersports options such as waverunner tours or parasailing!
- Join a sunset sail and maybe see the green flash!
- Visit one of the many museums that Key West has to offer.
- Spend a day at the beach.
To see what else is happening on the island during your visit, check out our Key West Events Calendar. For more information about the fun side of Key West, things to do and see in our island city, go to our Key West Web Site.
And remember to check out our restaurant reviews as you surely must eat while down here, and there are a lot of options!