You do not need a Florida saltwater fishing license if you:
- are a child under 16 years of age.
- are a Florida resident age 65 or older with proof of age and residency.
- hunt or freshwater fish in your county of residence on your homestead or the homestead of your spouse.
- are a Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled and you possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
- are a resident in the Armed Forces of the USA, not stationed in this state, and home on leave for 30 days or less.
- are a client for development services by the Dept. of Children and Family Services.
- fish from a vessel with a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
- fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
- have a valid saltwater products license.
- fish in freshwater.
- are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who is eligible for food stamps, temporary cash, or the medicaid program. Proof required.
- are a resident fishing with natural bait, suing poles or lines not equipped with a reel for noncommercial purposes in your home county. But you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area.
Florida saltwater fishing Licenses may be purchased online on the FWC website or at a local tackle shop. If you are going out on a charter here in Key West you will not need a license. However, that may not hold true for other areas in Florida so you may want to check with your charter boat captain if you have a charter reserved someplace else.
You Do Not Need a Florida Saltwater Fishing License To Go Fishing With One Of Our Key West Fishing Guides.
- The Key West fishing Guides of Dream Catcher Charters supply all fishing licenses for their customers.
- Fishing with a Key West fishing guide is easy and surprisingly affordable.
- Key West fishing guides supply the right boat for the type of fishing you would like to do.
Resident Saltwater Fishing Licenses
|Gold Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits)||$100.00|
|Military Gold Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits) (sold only at tax collector’s office)||$20.00|
|Annual Saltwater Fishing||$17.00||$79.00|
|Saltwater/Freshwater Fishing Combo||$32.50|
|Saltwater/Freshwater Fishing/Hunting Combo||$48.00|
|Saltwater Shoreline License||Free|
Nonresident Saltwater Fishing Licenses
|Nonresident Annual Saltwater Fishing||$47.00|
|Nonresident 3-Day Saltwater Fishing||$17.00|
|Nonresident 7-Day Saltwater Fishing||$30.00|
|Saltwater Fishing Permits (Resident and Nonresident)
If you are not required to have a license, you are not required to buy permits (except tarpon)
|Snook Permit (required to keep snook in season even with the Shoreline license)||$10.00||$50.00|