The Pier House Resort and Caribbean Spa has been around for around forty years, and was the first real resort on the island of Key West. Located in Old Town Key West on the Gulf of Mexico and the end of Duval Street, this six acre compound is walking distance from just about anything you want to do. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with tropical foliage with a pool in the center of the property and a private beach with a top-optional sunning area. The thing that I love most about the Pier House is that while it is located in the middle of it all, it still feels secluded and private. You would never know that you are just steps away from famous bars like Sloppy Joe’s, the Hog’s Breathe, and Irish Kevin’s. Plus, this is the only downtown resort that does not have a resort fee or parking fees. The Pier House is home to a full service restaurant and room service, three bars which are always hosting entertainers, a dock for charter pick ups, and hi speed wireless internet access. You will want for nothing while staying here! And, the Caribbean Spa is the nicest on the island offering body treatments, facials, massages, and hair, nail, and make up services. When I need pampering, this is my go to spot. When my sister Amy visits, this is a stop for us.
The Pier House Resort offers several styles of rooms and suites, all reflecting a traditional island style.
Traditional Rooms are located in different areas throughout the hotel. They all have either one king or two queen beds and most have a patio or balcony.
Lanai Rooms have a garden view from your private patio or balcony and are fitted with either one king or two queen beds.
Caribbean Spa Rooms are located in the spa building and some of the most spacious in the hotel. The feature French doors, bamboo flooring, a sitting area, oversized bathrooms, and king sized beds.
Harbour View Rooms overlook the Gulf of Mexico and have a private patio or balcony as well as your choice of one king or two queen beds.
Suites are available in one and two bedroom options with many different configurations and amenities.
- Hemingway Suite is located on the fourth floor has distinctive decor and wonderful Gulf views. Other room features are a spacious living room with a separate bedroom, a wet bar with refrigerator, two large balconies, large master bath, one king bed, and a powder room.
- Beachcomber Suite is locoed on the fourth floor and has gorgeous Gulf views. It is decorated like a seaside cottage and features a spacious living room and separate bedroom, a wet bar with refrigerator, large corner balconies, large master bath, and a king bed.
- Corner Dockside Suites are located directly over the water with infinity balconies and contemporary decor. Room features include waterfront living room and separate bedroom, one king bed, full bathroom, pullout sofa, and walk in closet.
- Dockside Suites are located directly over the water with infinity balconies and contemporary decor. Room features include waterfront living room and separate bedroom, one king bed, full bathroom, pullout sofa, and walk in closet.
- Harbour Parlor Suites overlook the Gulf of Mexico and the resort’s private beach. They feature a large living room, separate bedroom with king bed, full bath, pullout sofa, and private balcony.
- Captain’s Suites offer views of the pool and / or gardens. They feature two full baths, large living room with a pullout sleeper sofa, and bedroom with king bed.
- Harbour Loft Suites are two stories and offer views of the Gulf of Mexico from the upstairs bedroom fitted with a king bed. The spiral staircase leads back down to a living room area with a sleeper sofa.
- Harbour Junior Suites are large rooms with large balconies and beautiful views of the gardens, Gulf, and beach. These rooms feature a large balcony, two king beds, and a pullout sofa.
- Caribbean Spa Suites feature living room, private balcony, oversized bedroom with king bed, large master bath, separate powder room, bamboo floors, wet bar, French doors, and a dining and cocktail table.
- Conch Suite features a sitting area with pullout sleeper sofa, two full bathrooms, two queen beds, and a balcony.
- Parlour Suites have a living room, private balcony, two queen beds, full bath, and pullout sleeper sofa.
- Havana Heights Suite is just steps away from the private beach. This two story suite has private balconies overlooking the Gulf. It also features a huge living room with entertainment center, cocktail and dining table, wet bar, stereo system, and two bedrooms each with king beds and private baths.
- Seabreeze Suite overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and has two bedrooms with king beds and private baths, a spacious living room, wet bar with refrigerator and microwave, and a stereo.
- Sunset Suite is a two bedroom unit encompassing the entire top floor with gorgeous views. Both bedrooms have king beds and private baths. The suite also boasts a powder room, a spacious living room with panoramic views from the balcony, and an entertainment center and bar.
For more information, to check rates and availability, or to make reservations please call our reservations department from 10 am to 4 pm weekdays at305-292-7970.
If you are looking for a different type of property, check out some of our other recommended B&B’s, Resorts, and Rentals.
Things to do nearby…
Staying in Old Town is great because you can walk to many activities, sites, shopping, and restaurants. But if you are not walking distance from someplace that you would like to visit, you can always take a taxi which makes life very simple and your vacation care free.
The Pier House Resort and Caribbean Spa is just a block away from Mallory Square where you can watch the Sunset Celebration each night or take a trip aboard one of Danger Charters’ gorgeous sailboats. You are also close to some great restaurants like Bagatelle, A&B Lobster House, and the Boat House.
Being on the Gulf makes chartering simple too as most times you can be picked up at the Pier House Resort dock. Check out Fishing Charters and set up an unforgettable fishing trip.
Of course, you can check out our other Key West Activities.
See you in Key West!!