So, you are visiting Key West on your cruise or simply taking a day trip to the island and have a limited amount of time. Well, one might ask, what to do? While Key West is known as a party town, and grabbing a drink on Duval Street is pretty much a prerequisite for any visitor, there are many other things that you can do. Below, you can check out our list of things to do in Key West when time is limited.
Our favorite quick Key West activities!
- Stroll down Duval Street and check out some of the shops, art galleries, bars and restaurants. This famed street spans over a mile from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Take a ride on the Conch Tour Train. This tour of the downtown area of the island is just 75 minutes long and imparts a lot of information about the island.
- Check out a museum. Some of our favorites include the Hemingway House and the Wrecker’s Museum.
- Visit the Key West Cemetery. Created in the mid 1800’s, this cemetery is hauntingly beautiful and has some very entertaining epitaphs to read as well.
- Get your picture taken at the famous Southernmost Buoy, located just 90 miles away from Cuba!
- Experience the gin clear waters that surround out island and get out on the water! A half day water excursions like a sandbar tour or a fishing charter is 4 hours long and can fit in to most people’s schedules.
- Visit a rum distillery and not only learn the process, but experience a tasting. Then, purchase your favorite as a souvenir or a gift to bering back for a love one.
- Check out some of the historic sites on the island. You will see plenty of historical markers around the island. Some places you can actually walk into and visit. Others, you can grab a picture of from the street. Either way, it makes for a fun walk for history buffs!
More About Key West
Island Genn – Key West Concierge